Facade and Rehab Grants
If you are a business or property owner in the DDA District, the YDDA has grant opportunities available for building rehabilitation and/or facade improvement projects. This is a reimbursement grant and the DDA will match up to 50% of your total project cost.
The 2023/24 Grant Cycle is closed for downtown and depot town districts. 2024/25 cycle will be announced in spring 2024. west cross district grants are still available.
Please email questions or complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 facade and Rehab grant recipients:
- 17-21 E. Cross St – Brick repair and awnings
- 10 N. Washington St – Reopening a boarded up window to create a walk-up window, awning
- 36 N. Washington St – Awning Replacement
- 118 W. Michigan Ave – Exterior trim, lighting, paint, brickwork.
2022 Facade and Rehab Grant Recipients:
- 406 W. Michigan – Interior and exterior renovation.
- 114 W. Michigan – Unicorn Feed and Supply – Roof replacement
- 19 S. Adams – Growing Hope Marketplace – Removal and reconstruction of the top 24-28’ of parapet wall.
2021 Facade and Rehab Grant Recipients:
Grant program was still accepting covid outdoor extension submissions in 2021
- 206 W. Michigan Ave- Ziggys- ADA hallway to the back door, outdoor patio extension.
- 212 W. Michigan Ave- Interior restoration to original state circa 1920s .
- 432 W. Michigan Ave- Facade improvements including a mural painted by local artist Narooz Soliman.
- 9-11 S. Washington St- Window restoration, tuckpointing, commission of mural by CW Creatyv
- 124 Pearl St- Ypsi Alehouse- Large outdoor tents
2020 Facade and Rehab Grant Recipients:
- 217 W. Michigan Ave- Window replacement and repair
The rest of the June 2020 Facade grant funds were redirected to a COVID-19 Relief fund for storefront and patio extensions. Find more information here.
2019 Facade and Rehab Grant Recipients:
- Bona Sera Restaurant- New Flooring
- Go Ice Cream- New Flooring – Complete
- 133 W. Michigan – Upper Floor windows – facing Washington St.
- 50 N. Huron- Cornice Restoration
- Ypsilantique- Facade upgrade
- Thrift Store of Ypsilanti- foundation support repairs
- Hyperion Coffee- Window installment
- Ypsilanti Auto Museum – Historical Marker
October 2018 Facade and Rehab Grant Recipients:
- 117 Pearl St- Facade restoration – complete
- 100 W. Michigan- Facade removal
- 101 W. Michigan- Facade restoration
- 209 Pearl- Alleyway conversion into a restaurant patio
- Veg-o-rama- Interior renovations- complete
- Sidetrack- First floor window installation – complete
- Ypsilanti Food Co/op- ADA accessible front door replacement